2/26/13

Tip #26 - Indenting Text in Excel

100 Computer Tips in 100 Days

Tip #26 - Indenting Text in Excel


Another action that really frustrates me is when people indent text before they start to type the cell entry by hitting the spacebar a few times. I don’t know how they keep track of how many “spaces” they should add before typing. The correct alternative is to use the Increase or Decrease Indent options. I just typed the list to the left. Then I selected specific cells in which I wanted an indent and clicked the Increase Indent option. Each time you click the Increase Indent option the text in the cell is indented a little further. If you indent too far, you simply use the Decrease Indent option.

If you apply both of this and the previous tip, you’ll find that it takes a lot less effort to produce your Excel document.

Happy computing!

No comments:

Post a Comment